at Lake Walchsee
There is nothing better on a sunny winter’s day than exploring the region on cross-country skis. Fans of this gentle sport simply love the region around Lake Walchsee thanks to its diverse trails and snowsure conditions. Guests staying at the Hotel Seehof can access the trails straight from the hotel and enjoy majestic views of the Kitzbühel Alps.
- One of the largest cross-country skiing areas in Austria
- 121 km of trails (121 km for classic technique and 119,5 km for skating)
- Two snow-covered trails
- Trails officially inspected and approved
- Free use of trails
Cross-country skiing paradise Kaiserwinkl
Perfectly prepared trails, excellent signposting and a top infrastructure make the region around the Hotel Seehof one of the best for cross-country skiing. This status has been confirmed by the local government, which has awarded it the Tiroler Loipengütesiegel seal of approval. The Kaiserwinkl region offers a wide range of trails for everyone from beginners to experts.
Both Walchsee and Kössen have one XC skiing trail with artificial snow-making facilities, guaranteeing top conditions throughout the season.
Tip! The best XC skiing trails in Walchsee
- Snow-covered track Walchsee (easy): 2.1 km, 35 vertical meters
- Dorfloipe Walchsee (easy): 3 km, 45 vertical meters
- Winklloipe (easy): 5 km, 65 vertical meters
- Seeloipe (easy): 8 km, 115 vertical meters
- Schwaigsloipe (intermediate): 9 km, 105 vertical meters
- Miesbergloipe (difficult): 13 km, 165 vertical meters
- Kaiserwinklloipe – Start: Walchsee (difficult): 27.5 km, 400 vertical meters
Cross-country skiing is one of the healthiest winter sports and trains the whole body – especially if you use the right technique. Don’t worry if you haven’t tried it before. Here in the Kaiserwinkl region there are a number of cross-country ski schools with experienced instructors. Equipment can be hired from sports shops in the region.
at the Hotel Seehof
Start your adventure into the cross-country
paradise Kaiserwinkl directly from our hotel.